Join us for a webinar on January 19, 2012 for an essential introduction to renewable energy in the U.S., including the basics of how the U.S. electricity grid operates.
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) January 13, 2012 – Join us for a webinar on January 19 for an essential introduction to renewable energy in the U.S. It will cover the basics of how the U.S. electricity grid operates, and the expanding role of clean energy to our electricity portfolio. This hour-long webinar will also cover renewable energy terms and definitions, distribution of resource types like wind and solar, the basics of transmission and project financing, renewable energy certificates, utility opt-in green power programs, and tracking. We’ll also cover the state of the renewable energy marketplace, including politics, players, and policies. If you’re new to the clean energy landscape, you won’t want to miss this easy-to-understand tutorial from the renewable energy experts at CRS.
- Important Renewable Energy Definitions and basics of the electricity grid
- Renewable Resources: types, where they’re located, how they’re tracked, and how they are integrated into the grid
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- Renewable Energy Markets: voluntary and compliance markets, market basics
- Market instruments: RECs, competitive electricity, and utility green pricing programs
- Ways to Buy Renewable Energy
- Market Outlooks and Trends
Who Should Attend: Anyone new to the renewable energy industry, students, job-seekers, or anyone who wants to learn more about this complex and fast-moving industry.
Register at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2352205510
Tweet me: Introductory webinar to #renewable #energy in the U.S. from Green-e next thursday Jan 19. Register at http://bit.ly/AAMhHA
Center for Resource Solutions