Green inventions are being driven by market demand for products that enhance efficiency and reduce pollution. As the world recovers from a devastating recession, these inventions are helping to power the growth of national economies.
In the UK, an expedited patent process has been introduced to fast track green inventions. Around the world people are innovating sustainable processes and creating green inventions. Here is a summary of some of the best green eco-inventions.
Best Green Eco-Inventions
- Carbon Absorbent Foam is the winner of the Earth Awards. This foam can grab carbon out of the air and lock it away as a sugar. It is ideally suited to be placed in smokestacks to remove carbon before it is emitted into the atmosphere.
- eCoupled Wireless Tesla Charger is a new system capable of charging Tesla’s electric vehicles without wires or plugs. This system will recharge Tesla’s electric vehicles via an induction pad at distances up to 4″
- nPower PEG is a kinetic energy charger. It is the world’s first handheld charger that captures and stores an individual’s kinetic energy. This tiny power charger capture kinetic energy from daily activities and transforms it into electricity that can power mobile gadgets
- Solar Charger that Runs Devices Directly. Developed by Suntactics, this new portable solar charger is powerful enough to charge your phone and other mobile gadgets using nothing but solar energy
- IDAPT Universal Gadget Charger is made from recycled materials and is able to power almost all wireless devices
- Solar Power Parking Meters: In LA, new solar-powered, wireless-connected, single-space parking meters take coins or cards
- Biodegradable Motor Oil Although it was developed a few years ago by Green Earth Technologies, they began running their first TV ads. The biodegradable motor oil is made out of a mixture of beef tallow and plant ingredients
- Polli Bricks – a low-carbon form of cladding made from recycled plastic bottles that can be wrapped around buildings to insulate them. They come studded with solar-power LED lights and cost around ten times less than conventional cladding
- The Sustainable Shell, a biodegradable home that can be built from the soil on which it sits. These design principles can help anyone build a strong, sustainable shelter
- A Malaysian designer has created a range of “KAYU” sunglasses which are hand-crafted from bamboo – a fast-growing, biodegradable and low-carbon alternative to plastic. For every pair of sunglasses bought, Lim donates $20 towards surgery that restores sight in the developing world.
Green inventions are growing and it is getting easier to bring best green eco-inventions to market. Although there are numerous sites designed to connect VC Investors with great ideas, a site known as OnGreen is looking to become the world’s largest database specializing in green inventions. This site creates funding opportunities for green inventors.
More Resources here:
Growing Efficiency Of Green Solar Power
Marketing Electric Cars
Greener Cars and Social Media
Tesla Selling More than Just Cars
Durbin Climate Talks
True Cost of Electric Vehicle Driving